Clerk & Treasurer
Now open to the public 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (except holidays).
Face masks are required to enter the building.
- Marriage licenses – Please complete application before coming to the office. If possible, please arrive with completed application no later than 4:00 p.m (link to marriage license information)
- Dog licenses – May be completed in person, or by mail or email (link to dog license information)
- Liquor licenses – Liquor license information (including application form)
- Voter Registration – apply in person or online at https://olvr.vermont.gov/
- Fish & Game license - online (State of Vermont)
- Taxes or Water & Sewer – Pay in person during office hours or by check in the mail or dropbox (no cash in dropbox). Payments may also be made online (button below)
- Certified copies of birth & death Records - Please complete attached application before coming to office with payment and ID. Application form
- Certified copies of marriage licenses – Please complete attached application and mail with payment. Application form
- Land Records: Appointments are still required for title searches, please see Online public access to our Land Record Index
- Notary services – during normal business hours (note: we do not notarize real estate documents or anything to do with identity such as passports, I-9’s, etc. for liability reasons).
- Cemetery - call or email email@example.com with cemetery questions.
- Automobile registrations – for a $3 fee we will mail your check and renewal form to the DMV and issue a temporary sticker. You can also renew your registration online at State’s online renewal.
Recording Fee Notice
Vermont recording fees will increase effective July 1, 2019. View the summary of changes (PDF).