Recreation Governance Study Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Town of Essex Selectboard and the Village of Essex Junction Trustees have formed a joint committee to study recreation and explore feasible options for potential restructure of the Village and Town recreation departments.
The study committee includes four elected officials and six citizens; three members from the public at large from the town outside the village and three members from the Village of Essex Junction.
The documents are inclusive only up to August 22, 2016; other than meeting agendas and minutes, all documents after that date will be found at the Essex Community Parks and Recreation website. The Parks and Recreation website will have all up-to-date documents, FAQs, community forum information and much more.
- Forming a Joint Municipal Survey Committee to Study Recreation - Background and Information (PDF)
- Recreation Governance Study Committee Members - Members and Contact Information (PDF)
- List of programs for Essex Parks and Recreation and Essex Junction Parks and Recreation (PDF)
- Essex Junction Parks and Recreation Organizational Profile (PDF)
- Essex Parks and Recreation Organizational Profile (PDF)
- Forming a Union Municipal District - Process and Timeline (PDF)
- Forming an Essex Parks and Recreation District (Union Municipal District) Background Information and FAQs (PDF)
- Recreation Governance Study Committee Presentation (PDF) 06-22-2016
- Vermont State Statutes - Title 24 - Contents of Agreement (PDF)
- Recreation Agreement Presentation (PDF) 08-04-2016
- Essex Community Parks and Recreation District Agreement (PDF) approved 08-10-2016