Essex Trick or Treat Trail
Back for a second year, this event will have a massive trick or treat trail, featuring decorated tents for Essex families to enjoy. The amazing 500 pumpkin castle will be on display for all to see. Guaranteed fun for all ages.
Maple Street Park (please note this location change effective 10.8.21)
Saturday, October 30th | 4-7 PM
Pre-Registration for Time Blocks is Required
- Walking or biking to the event is encouraged, overflow parking is available at Albert D. Lawton Middle School.
- Participants will purchase tickets for designated time slots in advance. When registering you must enroll each attendee and provide information for each individual. A $5.00 ticket will be valid for one group of up to 5 people. Tickets are non-transferrable. Walk-up ticket purchases will be $10/group, subject to availability.
- The event will start at 4:00 p.m. and end at 7:00 p.m. The last group of tickets will start at 6:45 p.m.
- All guests (over the age of one), regardless of whether they are collecting candy, must purchase a ticket.
- Guests may not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before their ticketed time block.
- Upon arrival to the event, each person will need to tell staff their name so we can verify they are on the list. You do not need to print your receipt or tickets.
- On the path there will be decorated tents manned by volunteers handing out candy and treats.
- Every 30-45 seconds, a group of up to 5 people will start on the path. We anticipate that the amount of time it will take for a group to go through all the tents is 30-minutes.
- Pedestrian traffic flow is one-way, with a separate entrance and exit.
- Children 8 years or under must be accompanied by a responsible person at least 14 years old.
- We strongly encourage guests to use the restroom prior to arrival.
- In the event of inclement weather, the event may be altered or canceled. This will be communicated via email to all registered guests and on our social media page at https://www.facebook.com/EJRec.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE EVENT IF YOU HAVE:
- A fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, congestion or runny nose, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- Had close contact in the last 14 days with a person confirmed to have COVID-19.
Looking to get into the Halloween spirit beyond trick or treating? We have lots of ways you get you involved! We're looking for local businesses, organizations, sports teams, families, neighborhoods, and community members to help us:
1) Decorate a 10x10 pop-up tent and provide candy/giveaways. A great way to showcase your business or organization!
2.) Decorate tents from 12-3 pm on Saturday, October 30th at Maple Street Park. We will have the decorations and tents, we just need decorators!
3.) Support the event as a volunteer and/or become a financial donor/sponsor.
To sign up to support this amazing community event in any of these ways, please visit www.essexrec.org/828/Essex-Trick-or-Treat-Trail-Volunteers